The Missouri Chapter of the ACP will have its annual Residents Poster Contest in person in 2021. We have room for 90 Resident posters. All posters must be internal medicine specific and presenters must be Missouri ACP members.
All entries must be submitted through your Residency Program Director. If you are interested, please speak with your Program Director. Individual submissions are not accepted. Submissions not focused on Internal Medicine or IM subspecialty will not be accepted.
Abstract Pre-Judging Competition In 2020 MO ACP moved to a hybrid model for the poster competition entries. We will allocate 80% of posters in the traditional manner for each program to decide which abstracts to sponsor for the Chapter meeting. The other 20% will be available for at large entries and will go through a pre-judging of their abstracts by ACP member judges.
Programs will still use their own process to select abstracts for submission to the MO ACP competition. Additionally, we are asking for each program to submit up to 5 additional abstracts for consideration by the judge panel. See timeline below.
The pre-judging will take place virtually, and we will be using the National ACP's virtual abstract platform for this process. All pre-judge participant names will need to be submitted to MO ACP and we will communicate with both the residents and programs on how to sign up and submit the abstracts online.
An additional update: In compliance with the National ACP changes to the poster competition, we will be moving forward with poster size reductions so that all posters are to be under 4'x4' (recommended 3.5' x 3.5'). We would also like to receive all posters in their final form by PDF.
2021 Important Dates/Timeline:
July 27 - Names submitted to MO ACP for the pre-judging abstract competition
August 1 - Deadline for pre-judge abstract competition information to be uploaded to the ACP Poster Portal.
Names for featured poster competition due to Missouri ACP.
August 5 - Abstract pre-judging information sent to judges.
August 13 - Deadline for pre-judging to be complete.
August 18 - Pre-judge winners will be notified and automatically entered in the featured poster competition.
September 11 - Featured poster competition at Missouri ACP Scientific Meeting, Margaritaville Lake Resort, Osage Beach.
Winning posters will be recognized at the evening awards reception.
2021 Poster allocation: 4 Mercy 11 MU 13 SLU 6 St Luke's 4 St Mary's 11 UMKC 23 Wash U 72 Total resident posters allocated 18 Posters will be selected from a panel of judges during the pre-judge competition to present at the featured competition in Osage Beach.
The Missouri Chapter of the ACP will have its annual Student Poster Contest virtually for 2021. We have room for 20 Student posters. All posters must be internal medicine specific and presenters must be Missouri ACP members.
Entries are only accepted from Clerkship Directors who will submit the school's allotted entries to the Missouri ACP Poster Contest. If you are interested, please speak with your Clerkship Director. Individual submissions not submitted by a Clerkship Director will not be accepted.
All poster presenters must be members of the Missouri Chapter of the ACP which means the member's mailing address needs to be in Missouri or the member has notified ACP of their wish to be a member of the Missouri Chapter with an out-of-state address. We will decline entries from non-members who may be ACP members in another state. Submissions not focused on Internal Medicine or IM subspecialty will not be accepted. More information is at Poster Rules.
Changes for 2021: This year we will be using the ACP Poster Portal to assist us in the submission process, video creation and judging of student posters. This will work a little differently than in the past, and students will need to submit their information through the ACP poster portal. MO ACP will compare the participant list received from the Clerkship Directors to those that submit entries to ensure entries are valid/approved.
Students submitted by their medical school will be provided the link to upload their poster information and create their annotated poster presentation. The ACP poster portal will provide the step-by-step directions on how to record the presentation over the poster image, students will upload the video to YouTube and submit their link into the online form that will be sent to the judges.
Missouri ACP will also be using the ACP Poster Portal for student poster judging this year.
2021 Important Dates/Timeline: August 6 - Names of competitors due to Missouri ACP. August 11 - Links for online submission portal sent to competitors. August 18 - Deadline for information/posters to be uploaded to online portal. August 24 - Judging information sent to student poster judges September 3 - Judging deadline, all judging must be completed by this date September 11 - Winning posters/students to be recognized at the evening awards reception.